Groundhog Day (1993)

groundhogday_1993_poster
Groundhog Day (1993)
  • Time: 101 min
  • Genre: Comedy | Drama | Fantasy
  • Director: Harold Ramis
  • Cast: Bill Murray, Andie MacDowell, Chris Elliott

Storyline:

A weather man is reluctantly sent to cover a story about a weather forecasting “rat” (as he calls it). This is his fourth year on the story, and he makes no effort to hide his frustration. On awaking the ‘following’ day he discovers that it’s Groundhog Day again, and again, and again. First he uses this to his advantage, then comes the realisation that he is doomed to spend the rest of eternity in the same place, seeing the same people do the same thing every day.

One review

  • “Groundhog Day” a movie that is timeless and is just as entertaining the tenth time around. If you need a movie to make your day better, this is the one to watch. This is Bill Murray at his absolute finest. Cracking one-liners and a face like a bloodhound, Murray carries this movie with ease as he draws scorn and sympathy from the viewer. The incredible extent of his whimsical acting in this film is 80% of what makes it one of the greatest films I have ever seen… the other 20% belonging to the great storyline and supporting characters. I really liked the way the film developed the story. This movie can be viewed at any time and still liked. “Groundhog Day” is an underrated masterpiece!

Write your review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *